Cauliflower with Mustard-Cheese Sauce
Type: Side Dishes
This savory cauliflower skillet is a great example of good old Yankee ingenuity-using just a few basic ingredients.
Serves: Serves: 4 (2/3 cup)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 cups frozen cut cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large saucepan, cook cauliflower in water for 7 to 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain well and return to saucepan.
- In a medium bowl, combine Cheddar cheese, mustard, mayonnaise, onion flakes, and parsley flakes.
- Add cheese mixture to cauliflower. Mix well to combine.
- Return saucepan to stove and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.