Cheese and Corn Pudding
Type: Side Dishes
This savory baked dish is a wonderful way of celebrating fresh corn when it is in season
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 45 mins
Serves: makes 4-6 servings
- 5 ears of fresh corn, kernels cut from cob, or 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar or Monterey Jack
- 2 large eggs
- 1 / 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter, melted, plus more for the dish
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 / 4 tsp salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325癋 (160癈) and lightly butter a 5-6 cup ovenproof serving dish. Pur閑 11/2 cups of the corn in a blender. Add 13/4 cups of the cheese, the eggs, flour, melted butter, sugar, salt, and cayenne. Process until blended.
- Pour the corn mixture into the dish. Sprinkle with the remaining corn, and stir gently. Smooth the surface. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until set and golden. Cool for 5 minutes, then serve hot from the dish.
- prep 10 mins; cook 45 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!