Chicken Fried Rice
This easy-to-make chicken fried rice is a staple in many parts of the world. It may become a staple of your house, too!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 2 tablespoons nonfat chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups cubed, cooked low-fat chicken
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- Spray large nonstick skillet or wok with cooking spray.
- Add chicken broth and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add cooked rice, chicken, soy sauce, curry powder and green onions to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until ingredients are heated through.
- Pour egg substitute over rice mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until cooked through.
- Serve immediately or store fried rice in plastic freezer bags; reheat in microwave oven 1 to 2 minutes per serving when ready to serve.
- Grand savings: You save 152 calories, 11.2 grams of fat, and 101 milligrams cholesterol per serving compared to ``regular'' fried rice!
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.