Liven up an old standby -- coleslaw -- with this Chinese version.
Serves: 8 servings
- 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts
- 4 cups bok choy, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Combine water chestnuts, bok choy, parsley, pineapple, and onion in large bowl.
- Stir together mayonnaise and ginger.
- Toss into coleslaw.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.