Comforting Beans and Carrots
It's okay if your kids prefer the taste of canned vegetables. What's important is helping them develop healthy eating habits that include lots of veggies like beans and carrots.
Serves: Serves: 4 (3/4 cup)
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) sliced carrots, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, combine green beans and carrots.
- Add celery soup, parsley flakes, onion flakes, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, or until mixture is heated through, stirring often.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.