Corn and Peppers
Colorful and popular with children, this is a good side dish for everyday meals
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 8M
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 scallions, green and white parts, sliced
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the husks and silks from the corn. Using a sharp knife, cut the corn kernels from the cobs. Break up any kernels that are stuck together.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the corn, scallions, green and red peppers, and 1/4 cup water. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook about 5 minutes, or until the corn is tender. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!