Corn Vegetable Medley
The tasty sauce in this recipe makes the corn vegetable mix appeal to young and old alike.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 full cup)
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) cream-style corn
- 1/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups frozen carrot, broccoli, and cauliflower blend, thawed
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large saucepan, combine corn, dry milk powder, and water. Add vegetable blend. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in Cheddar cheese and parsley flakes. Mix well to combine.
- Continue simmering for 10 minutes or until mixture is heated through and cheese melts, stirring often.
- 1. 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli, 1 1/4 cups frozen carrots, and 1 1/4 cups frozen cauliflower may be used in place of blended vegetables. 2. Thaw vegetables by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.