Couscous with Vegetables
This Moroccan pasta is fluffy and tasty, and it goes great with any meal.
Serves: 16 servings
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 15-ounce can of garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups cooked couscous, prepared per package
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Mix together all ingredients, except couscous and Parmesan cheese, in medium saucepan. Heat thoroughly.
- Spoon couscous into serving dish. Top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.