The kids will rush to the table on nights when you serve this flavorful bean dish.
Serves: Serves: 4 (full 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups (one 14 1/2-ounce can) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar Twin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces (one 16-ounce can) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, sauté onion for 5 minutes.
- Stir in undrained stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili seasoning, Brown Sugar Twin, and black pepper. Add pinto beans. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.