A tangy sauce traditionally served with turkey
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: makes about 2 cups
- 12oz ( 336g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hearty red wine or port
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- Bring the cranberries, shallot, brown sugar, wine, and orange zest and juice and to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring often to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring, for 10-12 minutes, or until all of the cranberries skins have burst. Let cool.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve chilled or at room temperature.
- freeze for up to 2 months
- Prepare ahead: Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Good with grilled poultry and pork.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!