Creamed Spinach with Pine Nuts
Pine nuts contrast well with the smooth texture of creamed spinach
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 3-4 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 1 1 / 2 lb ( 675g) fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche or heavy cream
- 1 / 2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 / 2 cup ( 2oz/ 60g) pine nuts, toasted
- Remove the tough stems from the spinach leaves. Wash well and shake dry.
- Place the spinach with any remaining water clinging to the leaves in a large saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes, until just wilted.
- Stir in the crème fraîche and nutmeg and season well with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a serving dish and sprinkle with the pine nuts. Serve hot.
- prep 10 mins; cook 3-4 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!