Creole Mixed Salad Greens and Tomatoes
This Creole-style salad is a texture and taste change from the iceberg standby.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 cups spinach leaves, stemmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups watercress leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups chicory greens, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups endive leaves, cut in half3
- 4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup nonfat French salad dressing
- Combine greens, red onion, celery and tomatoes in large bowl and toss until mixed; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours.
- Just before serving, toss with French dressing.
- What exactly is Creole cooking? It's a combination of French and Spanish cuisines that takes on an entirely new and enticing flavor of its own.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.