Crispy Roast Potatoes
Your family will love these crispy roasted potatoes.
Prep Time: 25M
Cooking Time: 40M
Serves: Serves 4
- 2lb (900g) floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper, peeled and quartered
- sea salt
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Put the potatoes in a pot of salted water, bring to a boil, then cook uncovered over a medium heat for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just barely tender. Drain well, then return to the pan.
- Cover the pot and place it in a warm spot for 5 minutes to allow the potatoes to dry out. Sprinkle in the flour, cover, and shake the pan up and down a few times to distribute the flour evenly.
- Put the oil in a large roasting pan and place it in the oven until very hot. Remove the pan from the oven and carefully add the potatoes one by one, turning each potato in the hot oil to coat. Season with salt and return to the oven to roast for 30-40 minutes, turning once, until the potatoes are tender and golden and crispy on the outside.
- Use goose or duck fat instead of olive oil or, for a healthy option, rapeseed oil.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!