Fast Fried Rice
Type: Side Dishes
This rice is microwaved, not fried, so it's low in fat and a healthier choice!
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 11/2 cups hot tap water
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots (about 2)
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cover and microwave on medium-high for 6-8 minutes until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Remove from microwave. Let stand, covered, 5-7 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.