Sweet Potato Pur閑 with Horseradish
Baking sweet potatoes makes them intensely sweet and full of flavor
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 45-60 mins
Serves: makes 4-6 servings
- 2 1 / 4 lb ( 1.1kg) orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 / 3 cup heavy cream, plus more for pouring (optional)
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- Preheat the oven to 425癋 (220癈). Place the potatoes on a aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Bake about 50 minutes, until tender. Let cool until easy to handle.
- Peel the potatoes. Transfer to a food processor and pur閑. With the machine running, pour in the cream. Add the horseradish and pulse. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a saucepan and stir over medium heat until piping hot. Drizzle a little cream on top, if desired, and serve hot.
- prep 10 mins; cook 45-60 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!