Fiesta Peas au Gratin
This saucy skillet dish is quick and tasty, with peas, mushrooms, and cheese.
Serves: Serves: 4 (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup (one 2.5-ounce jar) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup (one 2-ounce jar) chopped pimiento, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, sauté onion for 5 minutes. Stir in mushroom soup, undrained mushrooms, and Cheddar cheese.
- Continue cooking until cheese melts, stirring often. Add pimiento and peas. Mix gently to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until mixture is heated through, stirring often.
- Thaw peas by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.