French Potato Casserole
Here's a quick and tasty way to enjoy mashed potatoes and get the healthy nutrition of cottage cheese.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 2/3 cups boiling water
- 1 1/3 cups (3 ounces) instant potato flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 egg or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) grated Kraft fat-free Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine boiling water, potato flakes, and onion flakes.
- Stir in cottage cheese, egg, and black pepper. Add Parmesan cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.