Fruit Glazed Carrots
If your children are picky about veggies but love the flavor of fruit, here's a great way to sweeten up some healthy carrots.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 cup)
- 4 cups sliced carrots 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup apricot spreadable fruit spread
- In a medium saucepan, cook carrots in water for 10 to 12 minutes, or just until tender.
- Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid. Return carrots to saucepan.
- Add reserved liquid, parsley flakes, and spreadable fruit. Mix gently to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve at once.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.