Type: Side Dishes
Rice becomes a lot more interesting with this fun, low-fat recipe!
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 1/2-ounce jar sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 3/4-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- Heat chicken broth in medium saucepan to boiling.
- Add rice. Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Sauté mushrooms and onion in margarine. Add pineapple and pimentos.
- Combine rice with mushroom and onion mixture. Stir in soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.