Fruity Sausage Stuffing
Dried fruit gives this sausage stuffing a slightly sweet flavor.
Prep Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 40M
Serves: Serves 4
- 8 good-quality link sausages
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 41/2oz (125g) pitted dried fruit, such as apricots, prunes, or cranberries, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Use the tip of a sharp knife to make 2 shallow cuts down the length of each sausage. Pull off the skins with your fingers, and discard. Put the sausage in a bowl and break it up with the back of a fork, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan, add the onion, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then add to the sausage and season well with salt and pepper. Stir in the parsley and dried fruit, then add the egg and mix well to blend.
- Spoon into a roasting pan, dot with the remaining butter, and roast for 30-40 minutes or until the sausage mixture is lightly browned and no longer pink inside. If it is browning too quickly, cover with foil. Serve alongside your favorite meat.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!