Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Creamy, garlicky mashed potatoes are so satisfying, they could almost be a meal by themselves!
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 full cup)
- 4 cups (20 ounces) unpeeled diced raw potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a medium saucepan, combine potatoes, garlic, and water. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and reserve 1/3 cup liquid.
- Return potatoes to saucepan. Add reserved liquid and dry milk powder.
- Using an electric mixer on HIGH, whip potatoes until fluffy.
- Stir in sour cream and parsley flakes.
- Use more garlic if desired, or for convenience 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic can be used instead of clove.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.