Green Bean Pie
Serve green beans to your family in a quick and easy "quiche" that bakes up golden and delicious.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 3/4 cup Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 eggs or equivalent in egg substitute
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) French-style green beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, dry milk powder, and onion flakes. Add water and eggs. Mix well to combine.
- Fold in green beans and Cheddar cheese.
- Spread mixture into prepared pie plate. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place pie plate on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.