Green Beans with Toasted Hazelnuts
Categories: Christmas, Entertaining, Low-fat, Quick to fix, Thanksgiving, Vegetarian
Green beans and toasted hazelnuts make a scrumptious pair.
Prep Time: 5M
Cooking Time: 5M
Serves: Serves 4
- 9oz (250g) tender young green beans, trimmed
- sea salt
- 2 tbsp (25g) butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Put the beans in a pan of salted water and boil for 4-6 minutes, or until they are crisp-tender (cooked but still with a bit of bite to them). Drain, then refresh under cold water so they stop cooking and retain their color.
- Transfer to a serving dish, top with the butter and toasted hazelnuts, and serve with roast chicken or lamb.
- To toast the hazelnuts, place them in a frying pan (without any fat) and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until evenly toasted. Alternatively, place on a baking sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes in an oven preheated to 350°F (180°C).
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!