Grilled Asparagus and Gorgonzola
This dish is combines asparagus and gorgonzola for a quick and delicious side.
Prep Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 51/2oz (150g) Gorgonzola cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the barbecue or charcoal grill until hot. Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, and immediately place on the barbecue or grill. Grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes or so, brushing the spears with a little of the oil as they are cooking and turning them as they char.
- To serve, divide the asparagus among 4 serving plates. Gently slice or crumble the Gorgonzola over the asparagus. Sprinkle with black pepper, and drizzle with the remaining extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.
- Add some grilled prosciutto or pancetta. These are both very quick to char, so watch them closely. You could also add fresh baby spinach leaves or some thinly sliced fresh pear.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!