Grilled Broccoli with Lemon Butter
You can't go wrong with broccoli mixed with butter and lemon juice.
Serves: Serves 4 as a side dish
- 1 large bunch broccoli, sliced lengthwise into quarters
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Build a fire in your grill. When the coals are all ignited, the flames have died down, and the temperature is medium (see Gauging the temperature), you're ready to cook.
- While you wait for the fire to reach cooking temperature, on the stove top, bring a pan of salted water to a boil. Blanch the broccoli quarters for 1 minute, then drain well.
- Put the blanched broccoli in a large bowl, sprinkle it generously with salt and pepper, drizzle it with the oil, and toss to coat. Put the broccoli on the grill directly over the coals and cook until tender (2-3 minutes per side), then return to the same large bowl.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, and more salt and pepper to taste to the hot broccoli, tossing gently to coat. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!