Grilled Buffalo Asparagus
Asparagus paired with hot sauce and blue cheese work very well together.
Serves: Serves 4 as a side dish
- 24 asparagus spears, slightly larger in diameter than a pencil, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- Build a fire in your grill. When the coals are all ignited, the flames have died down, and the temperature is medium (see Gauging the temperature), you're ready to cook.
- Rub the asparagus with oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, then put on the grill directly over the coals (you can use skewers to keep them together if you wish). Cook until the spears are browned and tender (4-6 minutes).
- Combine the hot sauce and butter in a large bowl, mashing until smooth. Add the asparagus and toss gently to coat with the sauce.
- Arrange the asparagus on a serving platter, crumble the blue cheese over the top, and serve.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!