Grilled Eggplant with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Fresh pomegranate seeds enliven this warm salad
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 10 mins
Serves: makes 6 servings
- 6 tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large eggplants, cut into 1 / 2 in ( 1cm) slices
- 2 shallots, very finely sliced
- fresh pomegranate seeds, to garnish
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the olive oil, pomegranate molasses, and cilantro, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Preheat the grill pan over high heat. Brush both sides of the eggplant with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning once, about 5 minutes, until seared with grill marks and tender.
- Layer the eggplants and shallots in a serving dish and pour the vinaigrette on top. Scatter with fresh pomegranate seeds and serve.
- prep 10 mins; cook 10 mins
Grilled Eggplant with Feta Cheese: Substitute finely sliced red onion for the shallots. and scatter with 2oz (60g) crumbled feta cheese just before serving.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!