Grilled Red Radicchio
Grilling isn't just for meat, as proves this tasty and easy grilled vegetable dish.
Serves: serves 4
- 2-3 radicchio heads
- 3-4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- lemon slices
- sliced bread, for serving
- Clean the radicchio, stripping off wilted outer leaves.
- Slice thickly, rinse, and pat completely dry with paper towels. Lay the slices in a shallow, ovenproof dish.
- Mix 3-4 tablespoons of oil with a little salt and freshly ground pepper, and pour over the radicchio. Leave it to soften for 5 minutes, while you heat the broiler.
- Broil for no longer than it takes for the leaves to change color a little.
- Lift out and serve with slices of lemon, and bread to mop up the tangy juices.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!