Honey Mustard Fries
Homemade fries are better for you, and you can vary the flavor quite a bit. These honey mustard fries are good enough to serve at a dinner party.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup nonfat garlic honey mustard salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line baking sheet(s) with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange potato wedges on baking sheet(s) and sprinkle with garlic powder. Brush potatoes with salad dressing.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through.
- Turn broiler on high heat; broil potato wedges 3 to 5 minutes, until browned and crisp.
- Potatoes can be refrigerated or frozen; reheat in 350F oven when ready to serve.
- Democritus, an ancient Greek philosopher, partially attributed his long life (109 years) to honey, a highly valued food with healing and restorative properties.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.