Josh's Potato Ham Bake
Here's another terrific way to fix potatoes -- easy and healthy!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups (15 ounces) shredded loose-packed frozen potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) diced Dubuque 97% fat-free ham or any extra-lean ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter- flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine mushroom soup, dry milk powder, water, mustard, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Add potatoes and ham. Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 4 servings.
- Mr. Dell's frozen shredded potatoes are a good choice, or raw shredded potatoes may be used in place of frozen potatoes.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.