Just Plain Good Green Bean Bake
This green bean bake is always the first dish to disappear. It must be those tangy, crunchy onion bits. Or maybe it's the creamy, cheesy sauce?
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (2 1/4 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 1/4 ounces) coarsely crushed Durkee's onion rings
- 4 cups (two 16-ounce cans) cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine mushroom soup, sour cream, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in Cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup crushed onion rings. Add green beans and chopped onion. Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup crushed onion rings over top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 6 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.