Mushrooms have a hearty meatiness, even in this healthy vegetarian dish.
Serves: serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 11/3 cups red wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, deseeded, and chopped
- 12 oz (375 g) mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the onion until transparent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the red wine, lemon juice, honey, black pepper, coriander, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to simmer until soft.
- Put in a bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!