Type: Side Dishes
Yukon Gold potatoes give this yummy side dish a naturally buttery taste.
Serves: 8 servings
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup skim milk, or more if needed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pan.
- With a potato masher, mash the potatoes with the milk, adding more if necessary to get a smooth consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Yukon Gold potatoes have such a buttery taste and texture that no added fat is needed. You can easily make these into garlic mashed potatoes by boiling 6 peeled garlic cloves with the potatoes and mashing the garlic along with the potatoes.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.