Spice up plain couscous with this simple recipe.
Serves: 4 servings
- 5.8-Ounce box Near East couscous, roasted garlic & olive oil flavor
- Half of a 3-ounce package sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 7-ounce jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 15-ounce can chick-peas, drained
- 2.25-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Boil water as directed on couscous package.
- Place couscous, seasoning packet, and sun-dried tomatoes in a large serving bowl.
- Pour boiling water over couscous and tomatoes, cover bowl with plastic wrap, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.