Mexicali Rose Skillet Corn
Type: Side Dishes
Chop up some healthy vegetables for this delicious skillet corn dish.
Serves: Serves: 6 (1 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup (one 2-ouncejar) chopped pimiento, undrained
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, saute celery, onion, and green pepper for 5 minutes.
- Stir in undrained pimiento, margarine, and black pepper. Add corn and parsley flakes. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Thaw corn by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.