Couscous and sunflower seeds are terrific in this millet dish!.
- 1 cup millet (lightly toasted, no oil, please)
- 2 1/2 cups water or Vegetable Stock
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 1 small red onion, small dice
- 1/4 cup raisins, plumped (by soaking in hot water)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- or 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Cook the millet (as directed in the Millet Tabbouleh recipe) and remove to a bowl. Add the carrots, red onion, raisins, and sunflower seeds or walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and pour over the millet. Add salt to taste.
- This is also delicious topped with silken tofu.
From Eat Right for Your Baby by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney. Copyright Â© 2004.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.