New Potato and Beer Salad
This novel and quick-to-make potato dish will be a hit at summer picnics and even on St. Patrick's Day.
Serves: serves 4
- 2 lb (1 kg) new potatoes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup beer
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Put the unpeeled potatoes in a large saucepan of cold water, bring to a boil, and cook, uncovered, until just soft (about 20 minutes). Drain and leave until cool enough to handle.
- Cut each potato in half and mix gently with the onion, garlic, thyme, and parsley.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the remaining ingredients together to a smooth, creamy consistency.
- To serve, pour the dressing over the warm potatoes and serve immediately.
- If you're not going to eat this right away, refrigerate the potatoes and dressing separately.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!