No-Fuss Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Type: Side Dishes
This recipe of scalloped potatoes and ham tastes luxuriously creamy and rich but contains only a modest amount of meat.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 4 1/2 cups (15 ounces) shredded loose-packed frozen potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) diced Dubuque 97% fat-free ham or any extra-lean ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and onion. Stir in mushroom soup, sour cream, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Add ham. Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 4 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.