Orange-Candied Sweet Potatoes
If sweet potatoes are a staple of your holiday meals, you must try this festive and fruity version.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1/2 cups (18 ounces) sliced cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar Twin
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Evenly arrange sweet potatoes in prepared baking dish. Using a teaspoon, dot potatoes with margarine.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and Brown Sugar Twin. Stir in marshmallows. Spread mixture evenly over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 6 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.