Orange juice gives a special tang to this cranberry relish.
Serves: Serves: 6 (1/3 cup)
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free cranberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine dry gelatin, orange juice, and water. Stir in cranberries.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until cranberries soften, stirring often.
- Place saucepan on a wire rack and let set for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.