Type: Side Dishes
Impress your family with these sweet potatoes.
Serves: 8 servings
- 4 sweet potatoes
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine 1 teaspoon salt
- Parboil sweet potatoes. Peel and cut in half. Place in baking dish sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour mixture over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.