Make vegetables a more interesting side dish with this recipe!
Serves: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- l egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cut up fresh vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peppers, mushrooms)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt margarine in small dish. In another small dish, beat egg and add water. In yet another small dish, mix flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dip vegetables pieces in egg mixture, then flour mixture. Place on cookie sheet. Brush with melted margarine.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes on each side until golden brown.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.