Parmesan Potato Crisps
The mixture of sweet potatoes, baking potatoes, and parmesan cheese makes a delicious set of crisps that will be a hit.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated nonfat Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 medium baking potatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet(s) with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine cornflake crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Mrs. Dash seasoning and garlic powder in plastic bag; shake until mixed and pour onto paper plate.
- Dip potato slices in egg substitute; roll in crumb mixture.
- Arrange potato slices in single layer on baking sheet(s); spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes; turn potatoes and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp.
- Serve with nonfat ranch salad dressing, ketchup or barbecue sauce.
- Potatoes can be refrigerated and reheated in 350F oven 10 to 12 minutes.
- As reported in Bottom Line/Health (March 2002), food cravings vary by gender. About 25 percent of women have cravings, but only 13 percent of men do. Women experience cravings when depressed or bored, while men tend to get them when they're happy.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.