Pea Pods and Water Chestnuts
If your children like Asian flavors, they are sure to love this vegetarian dish.
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh pea pods
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oil in skillet. Sauté onion and garlic.
- Add pea pods, water chestnuts, and soy sauce. Cook 1 minute.
- Add broth. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water. Add to skillet. Cook for 1 minute until sauce thickens.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.