Peas with Ham
Type: Side Dishes
Guisantes con jamón is a classic tapas dish with delicious sweet and savory flavors
Prep Time: prep 5 mins
Cooking Time: cook 15 mins
Serves: makes 6-8 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 7oz ( 200g) Serrano ham or prosciutto, diced
- 3 / 4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- one 1lb ( 450g) bag frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 / 3 cup dry white wine
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the onion for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Increase the heat. Add the ham and cook for about 3 minutes until it begins to brown. Stir in the tomatoes and paprika. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Mix in the peas.
- Mash the garlic, parsley, and 1/2 tsp salt together, then stir in the wine. Add to the pan, and season with pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes more, and serve hot.
- prep 5 mins; cook 15 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!