Pineapple-Sweet Potato Casserole
The pineapple and sweet potato flavors in this casserole are an amazing combination of tangy and subtle sweetness.
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cut sweet potatoes in light syrup, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup golden raisins or chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces, and place in a large bowl. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the marshmallows, and toss to mix.
- Coat a 9-inch deep dish pie pan with nonstick cooking spray, and place the sweet potato mixture in the pan. Top with the marshmallows.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for about 35 minutes, or until the sweet potato mixture is bubbly around the edges and the top is lightly browned. If the top starts to brown too quickly, loosely cover the dish with aluminum foil during the last 10 minutes of baking. Serve hot.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.