Similar to ratatouille but with a touch of vinegar to heighten the flavors, this Spanish dish goes well with grilled chorizo
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 30 mins
Serves: makes 4-6 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 1 large ripe tomato, skinned, quartered, and seeded
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 / 2 tsp sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the peppers and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until the peppers soften. Add the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes more. Add the tomatoes, vinegar, and sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a warm serving bowl, and sprinkle with parsley.
- prep 10 mins; cook 30 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!