Looking for a new potato side dish to please your family? Try this easy, savory potato "cake" recipe.
Serves: serves 4
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 medium-sized onion, grated
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- sunflower or corn oil
- Peel the potatoes and grate in a food processor.
- Turn into a bowl and mix with the egg yolks, onion, parsley, and garlic.
- Form into a cake and dust with flour.
- In a frying pan over mediumhigh heat, heat enough oil to come about halfway up the side of the cake.
- Add the cake and fry on both sides until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and dust with nutmeg.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!