Potato pancakes are delicious, and they don't take much more time than the plain old boiled kind!
Serves: Serves: 4 (2 each)
- 3 cups (10 ounces) shredded loose-packed frozen potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and onion. Add flour, egg, sour cream, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup as a guide, drop mixture onto a hot griddle or 2 large skillets sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, to form 8 pancakes. Flatten pancakes with a spatula.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until well browned and crisp on bottom.
- Turn pancakes and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned on second side. Serve hot.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.