Potluck Baked Beans
Baked beans are always a great addition to a potluck dinner.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar Twin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons Hormel Bacon Bits
- 20 ounces (two 16-ounce cans) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, sauté onion for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, mustard, Brown Sugar Twin, and black pepper. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add bacon bits and great northern beans. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread hot mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 6 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.